Community Introduction provides support to family members before, during, and after their relocation. The Capital Resource Network provides customized information on local resources to help get families rooted into their new community.
Community Introduction includes service delivery options such as:
- Community tours and research of cities and neighborhoods
- Visits to schools, meetings with principals, teachers and coaches
- Access to daycare providers and tours of centers and homes offering care
- Referrals to trusted real estate agents
- Rental placement, research, and advocacy
- Property visits via Skype tours (before clients arrive)
- Negotiations on housing terms and agreements with owners
- Information on utilities, volunteering, community services and organizations, affinity groups
- Coaching through the development of housing biographies and other materials for a competitive housing market
- Resources for mental health, medical considerations, and on-campus contacts for insurance cost comparisons (internal clients only)
- Coordination of neighborhood announcements
- Moving logistics
- ….and many, many more options and services.